Do you have what it takes?
- Do you have a special knack for crawling inside people’s heads?
- Can you understand what they really want to say?
- Are you able to speak in their voices?
- Can you distill a great deal of information into tight prose?
- Is one of your strengths translating feelings into words?
- Can you organize a complex message into a coherent manuscript?
- Can you “go with the flow” when absolutely nothing goes as planned?
If you answered “YES” to all of the above, ghostwriting may be the right career for you.
Why would you want to be a ghostwriter?
The rewards are many. If you want to …
- be constantly challenged
- be your own boss
- build your writing skills and credits
- choose your assignments
- educate others
- get paid for doing what you love
- grow creatively and professionally
- keep learning
- make a living, possibly an excellent one
- promote ideas, causes, products you believe in
- increase your marketability
- keep the adrenaline rush that comes with writing books
… you are in the right place.
Life is an audition … actually, one audition after another. You have to prove yourself and your qualifications for every single project. Ghostwriting is not a career for the faint of heart. Just as in every kind of freelancing, if something can go wrong, it probably will. Again, just as in every kind of freelancing, income is unpredictable until, or unless, you are established and in demand. On the other hand, it is a career that can support you well, bring you satisfaction and credibility, and put you in contact with some extremely interesting people.